Standing at the height of 8163m, Mt. Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in the world on Earth. Situated in the Gorkha district of Nepal, Mt. Manaslu is a popular eight- thousand after Everest. It is more achieveable and affordable compared to the other eight thousand meter peaks. It is suitable for everyone who is interested to begin eight-thousand meter climbs or to even prepare for Everest.
- Day: 1
- Day: 2
- Day: 3
- Day: 4
- Day: 5
- Day: 6-7
- Day: 8
- Day: 9-10
- Day: 11-15
- Day: 16-20
- Day: 21-24
- Day: 25-27
- Day: 28-35
- Day: 36
- Day: 37
- Day: 38
- Day: 39
- Day: 40
- Day: 41
- Day: 42
- Day: 43
- Day: 44
Arrival in Kathmandu
Your arrival in Kathmandu marks the start of our expedition. We will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to your hotel. Then you have free time to refresh. We meet up again in the evening for a welcome dinner and an introduction with the remaining expedition members.
In Kathmandu for expedition de-briefing
An expedition de-briefing is mandatory for issuance of the climbing permit. So our group leader attends the briefing at the Department of Tourism, whereas the rest of the members can explore around the city or do some last-minute preparation.
Drive to Besisahar
Drive to Dharapani
Leaving Besisahar we ride jeep on the off-road that goes to Dharapani.
Trek to Goa
Dharapani is situated at a junction of the trail that goes to Manang to the west, and Manaslu on the North. We trek Northwards to Goa.
From Goa, we trek to Bimthang, which takes around 5 to 6 hours.
Bimthang is the last village before the Larkya Pass. We spend a day to rest and hike around to acclimatize.
Cross Larkey Pass (5160m) and arrive in Samdo
We start very early morning for a long day – a steep climb up to the Larkya Pass (5160m) and then walk over the glacier and moraine trail up to Dharamsala. Then continue further to Samdo village.
Trek to Sama Gaun
Samdo and Sama Gaun are the last two village settlements in the Upper Manaslu region. From Samdo Sama Gaun is just around three hours’ walk. We stay at Sama Gaun for rest and acclimatize before moving to Manaslu Base Camp.
At Manaslu Base Camp
The trek from Sama Gaun to Base Camp takes around 5 hours.
During these first few days at Manaslu Base Camp, we make preparations for higher camps and have puja ceremonies, which a customary for most mountaineering expeditions in Nepal.
First Climbing Rotation
Climb up to Camp 1 and sleep overnight. Next day climb little above Camp1 and descend back to base camp.
Second climbing rotation
As higher camps are set up, the second climbing rotation begins. We climb gradually to Camp1, Camp2, and touch Camp3 and descend back to base camp.
At Base Camp
After completion of the second rotation rest at BC and prepare for the summit attempt. Sherpa team establishes camp 4 and rope fixing team completes route to the summit.
Depending on the weather window we launch the summit attempt from base camp.
- Summit Attempt Day 1:Climb to Camp 1
- Summit Attempt Day 2: Climb to Camp2
- Summit Attempt Day 3: Climb to Camp 3
- Summit Attempt Day 4: Climb to Camp 4
- Summit Attempt Day 5: Summit and descend to Camp 2
- Summit Attempt Day 6: Descend to Base Camp
Manalsu Base Camp
At Manaslu Base Camp for packing up and prepare to leave.
Trek back to Sama Gaun
Trek to Namrung
Trek to Deng
Trek to Jagat
Trek to Machakhola
Trek to Sotikhola and drive to Kathmandu
Short trek up to road access point in Sotikhola and drive all the way to Kathmandu.
Free day in Kathmandu
Transfer to Airport for homebound departure
Service Included in the Price
1. Permit and other charges
– Manaslu Climbing Permit
– Garbage Management Fee
– Manaslu Route Fixing Fee
– Liaison officer’s wages and allowance
– Manaslu Conservation and Annapurna Conservation Area entry permits
2. Hotel Accommodation
– 4 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
– Lodge accommodation on the way to base camp and return as per itinerary
– Group Transfer from Kathmandu to Base Camp and return by land
– Airport pick up and drop
– Expedition cargo to BC and return by land
4. Expedition Staff
– One experienced Sherpa per member
– insurance, wages, and equipment allowance sherpa, kitchen staff and porters
5. Base Camp & Advance Base Camp food & facility
All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) on the way to Base Camp and return as per itinerary
– Base Camp food
– Shared kitchen & Dining, Heater and Solar Charging at Base Camp
– Personal Tent with mattress at Base Camp
6. High Camp Food & Facility
– Shared high altitude tent (2:1)
– High Food, epi-gas and cooking set
– Snow bar and main rope for climbing
7. Supplementary Bottled Oxygen, Regulator & Mask
– Three bottle oxygen and mask-regulator for member
8. Communication Facility
– One Set Satellite Phone for the team (pay per call when required)
– Radio communication set
Service not included in the Price
1. Flight Ticket
– International flight ticket (Kathmandu- home country)
– Flight ticket cancellation-rebooking charge
2. Personal Climbing Gear
– Personal clothing and gears
– Medical Insurance
4. Tips to kitchen staff and sherpa
5. Extra night hotel in Kathmandu
6. Meals and beverages in Kathmandu
7. Other costs incurred due to the occurrence of unforeseen incidents such as earthquake, war,
government policy, etc. which are beyond the control of Rolwaling Excursion (P) Ltd.